Topic: Rotten Tomatoes by howdog

This was a great widget when it worked.  Maybe someone can resurrect it.

Re: Rotten Tomatoes by howdog

Rotten Tomatoes eliminated their RSS feed, and have replaced it with an API that does something completely different.

I have been taking a look to see if there's a way to restore the original functionality, which was to show the stats for the movies currently in theaters.

EDIT: diamaunt found a feed - I'll see if I can get that app working again.

Updated - see if it's working for you.

link

It is working!  You guys are great.

I think this one is acting up again.

OK, this one is toast - Rotten Tomatoes has apparently removed all of their RSS feeds except for podcasts.

They have an API that could be used to create a new feed, but it looks like it would cost us $30,000 per year:

-----------------------
Thank you for your interest in the Rotten Tomatoes API. Presently, there are two (2) options available for accessing the API:

START-UP: Designed for new, small businesses, the Start-Up package provides users access to Rotten Tomatoes Scores with a limited number of server calls. Annual pricing starts at $30,000.

ENTERPRISE: Designed for mid-size and large companies, the Enterprise package provides full access to Rotten Tomatoes Scores and Reviews Snippets (up to 20). The Enterprise package annual fee starts at $60,000 per year.
-----------------------

Obviously this is a non-starter. Sorry about that.

I have marked the widget "private" (it will stay in existing channels, cannot be added to new ones), will probably remove it from the catalog entirely at some point.

Thanks for checking on this.