Topic: MLB Scores widget

The MLB Scores widget doesn't seem to be working; the preview shows a "Network Error" message.  I suspect that CBS Sports no longer provides the data for this widget; is that right?  If so, are there any alternatives available?

BTW, it's really great to have the Chumby back! Thanks to all who made this happen.

Re: MLB Scores widget

Yeah, the CBS Sports widgets will all be taken down - that contract has expired and won't be renewed.

Are there any developers out there who can take a crack at new Sports score apps?  I don't know where to even start - I assume you have to find a site that has the info in a consumable format first - but I use would love to have replacements for the CBS sports widgets.  I like seeing the scores first thing in the morning.

Ambient Sportscast works well in some markets as an over the air continuous monitoring of particular sports (ie baseball, football).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brookstone-Spor … 4869ef8c9f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ambient-Basebal … 51c07a4b10

Seems like there is one for football too. This would be another gadget to display. Just adding to the mix.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

5 (edited by philhu 2014-07-25 07:53:49)

Abient stopped these feeds in Nov'2013.  They were OTA feeds in the pager network, I think.

I have the baseball one.  It displays 'Network Found', and NO SCORES

I cannot believe they still sell them.

philhu wrote:

Abient stopped these feeds in Nov'2013.  They were OTA feeds in the pager network, I think.

They went into environmental monitoring last I heard.  I still have their Brookstone branded Weather Monitor and its the only consumer data feed that they continue to support.

I know they dropped some coverage areas but last I knew my dad in Atlanta was still getting weather and mlb on his two units. I can't get anything in my area at all. I think ambient is just letting their system rot and not fixing it. I could be wrong.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

marcev wrote:
philhu wrote:

They went into environmental monitoring last I heard.  I still have their Brookstone branded Weather Monitor and its the only consumer data feed that they continue to support.

Yes, my Weather Monitor still works.  If you go to their site, there has been no company 'news' since January, and I have read reports that they have actually closed.  So the web site might just be internet rot (old websites still running for companies long gone).