Re: 50 Widgets per channel limit?

1ras wrote:

@Duane: The numbers are very interesting, especially the most common channel size of 2 widgets is surprising.

Not really. I have a two-widget channel (NOAA weather and Blue Digital clock) for when I wake up, and I can imagine other people doing the same thing. Plus, some users whose chumbys replace standard digital clocks don't need the expanse of functionality afforded by the multiple widgets.

I just cheked mine. I have over 50 widgets using the offline firmware so I dont see what the problem is. where is this 50 widget limit ? I have 65 in 1 chanel and 58 in the other.

Thanks for checking, but that's not what we're talking about.

nathanm wrote:
1ras wrote:

@Duane: The numbers are very interesting, especially the most common channel size of 2 widgets is surprising.

Not really. I have a two-widget channel (NOAA weather and Blue Digital clock) for when I wake up, and I can imagine other people doing the same thing.

Yes, I have one too (as a workaround because you can't easily refresh the widget if there is just one in the channel). I can imagine that clock + weather is a usual combination. I'm just surprised that it's the most common channel size.

nathanm wrote:

Plus, some users whose chumbys replace standard digital clocks don't need the expanse of functionality afforded by the multiple widgets.

I guess this are the candidates for one widget. 3 could be also usual: clock, weather cam + weather forecast. But the most common is 2.