Topic: Widgets

I know the service just came back, but I have several widgets that are not working or not updating.  I don't expect everything to be perfect at the start but I haven't seen any updates on what's going or progress being made.  Could we get some information?

Thanks!

Re: Widgets

most widgets were created by individuals, not by chumby itself.

those individuals have the source code for the widgets, not Duane.

if the widget author is listed as Duane, or Chumby, then he may be able to fix the widget.

if it's listed as being someone else, then we'll have to wait for that person to come back, and fix things.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Makes sense, thanks.  At some point in the near future, can we sort on widgets supported by Duane?  I can assume most of the apps written years ago by other folks will likely never be updated.

Actually some third-party devs are coming back and fixing some of their apps, which is nice, but yeah, it's possible that many won't.

At some point we'll see if there are ways to replace the functionality of some of those widgets with new ones.

First off... Amazing job getting everything back and running! Happy days are here again! Secondly, trying to update. Few of the widgets I've created. I've updated one (specifically the Mackinac Bridge cam) but haven't seen the update take on my Chumby. It's been about 24 hours and it previews fine on Chumby.com. Any ideas?

Thanks again!

Make sure you change the version number when you upload a new version of a widget - that's what triggers the Control Panel to reload the widget cache.