1 (edited by philhu 2014-07-01 13:36:56)

Topic: Post Launch Widget problems......NOAA Weather

Works perfectly, except you have to enter your zipcode in everytime the widget starts.

Re: Post Launch Widget problems......NOAA Weather

strange, it's working fine here.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Hmmm, I'll look into it.

It doesn't work for me, either, on my I3.5. Maybe it only works on 8 inch devices, and other users seem to say that it doesn't work either.
"Labt– November 20 2012

Is there a way to make this nice application REMEMBER the Zip code like others apps??? otherwise will be a dummy application. Looks to me someone already complied in May 2012 and...... nothing was changed"

5 (edited by kgeissler 2014-07-01 15:06:33)

I have a Chumby 8 and it also asks for my zip code every time it runs.

Also, the Accuweather widget does not seem to refresh.  It has had the same current conditions for the past 3 hours.

strange, I've got a classic and a c8 and noaa is working fine on both. *scratching head*

have you tried setting the zip via the web page?

I have 2 c8, asks for zip on both.

But now, all of a suddne, I changed channels, it started working.

Another app, Accuweather has a red button top right to set zip, but pushing it is ignored.

It is pretty amazing how much DOES work, right out of the box again.

philhu wrote:

Another app, Accuweather has a red button top right to set zip, but pushing it is ignored.

That Accuweather app is meant for TVs only. There is another Accuweather app below it that works fine, however.

I think the answer may be that it's a good idea to reboot your chum after subscribing, so that it gets a clean channel load.

diamaunt wrote:

I think the answer may be that it's a good idea to reboot your chum after subscribing, so that it gets a clean channel load.

Yes, this a good idea, and also if you change stuff using the web site, to reload the channel.

The devices are a little confused about this New World of the Future (flying cars, moon rockets, etc) - over time, we'll be updating things to assimilate them a bit more.

nathanm wrote:
philhu wrote:

That Accuweather app is meant for TVs only. There is another Accuweather app below it that works fine, however.

Are you sure the Accuweather app is working.  Mine will only update if I reboot my C8.  It will basically update on the reboot, but will not update anymore after that.

Mine worked fine, but it was in a separate channel from my other widgets and displayed only once per day. I moved from that to Yahoo! Weather, which also works well and displays the same data as my iPod Touch, and has all data in one "screen".

It seems that neither Yahoo Weather or AccuWeather seem to update.  They all update when you reboot your chumby and the widget runs for the first time, after that, the same information stays on the screen.  Is anyone else seeing this?

Yahoo weather works for me as well as NOAA's satellite app, but the NOAA local weather App says server down and I can not get the Accuweather App to change from San Diego?

gator2853 wrote:

Yahoo weather works for me as well as NOAA's satellite app, but the NOAA local weather App says server down and I can not get the Accuweather App to change from San Diego?

Simple.  Move to San Diego. tongue

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

i am having the same problem with NOAA weather. every time it displays it asks me for my zip code.

NOAA should be working properly now - just give it the zip code one more time and it should stick.

Duane wrote:

NOAA should be working properly now - just give it the zip code one more time and it should stick.

Works fine for me. Thanks, Duane.

I still get a server error if I try to customize the widget through the website after adding it to a channel, but it does work if I set the zip on the device itself after loading that channel. Thanks!

Yeah, i'll check into the site version.  Was mainly interested in getting it fixed for the devices.