Topic: Commands to switch to different channels?

I'm wondering if I can setup a cron job to run a command to switch to a specific channel at a specified time of the day, is there a way to do this?

Re: Commands to switch to different channels?

No, however, that functionality is being folded into the alarms in an upcoming Control Panel release.

Duane wrote:

No, however, that functionality is being folded into the alarms in an upcoming Control Panel release.

YES!  YES!

Maybe my husband will stop making fun of my Chumby ... well, probably not.

kathleen wrote:
Duane wrote:

YES!  YES!

Maybe my husband will stop making fun of my Chumby ... well, probably not.

that's funny, because I get the same thing from my gf.

And my wife....

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

What can we say, there are two kinds of people in the world: those who "get" what Chumby is all about, and those who don't.  Welcome to the rebel forces.  First, we'll win in the bedroom, then we'll win in the cubicle, then we'll annex the kitchen, and sweep into the living room and the bathroom.  We will stop S.O. derision in its tracks.  We shall overcome.  ;^)

Duane wrote:

Duane,

Can you tell us what's going to be in the upcoming Control Panel release and when?

I'd be happy to test it ;-}.

John

The focus of the next release is Internet music and Enhanced alarm clock funcitonality.  We will be announcing more specifics as we stabilize the functionality.

We will also be giving all insiders access to Beta versions of the control panel and give us feedback.

It might be interesting to add in the ability to use gestures to control it.

for example, in my car, I have these gestures set up on the touchscreen to control my music:

http://zlit.net/up/gestures.gif