Topic: Send a message to your Chumby

Send2Chumby widget is operating normally if you need to send a message to your Chumby device.

Cheers.

2 (edited by johniac 2014-07-02 17:50:22)

Re: Send a message to your Chumby

I'd like t. send messages from the linux command line using a tool like curl.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance

I have sent messages via the command line, with curl, through Send 2 Chumby.

Example:
curl --data-urlencode 'limitedtextarea=Keep this message under 100 chars' -d 'countdown=10' -d 'short_code=XXXXXXX' -d 'color=FF00FF' -d 'action=go' -d 'submit=Send+This+Message+to+The+Chumby+via+cURL' hxxp://send2.chumbyland.com/XXXXXXX

Adjust short_code and URL appropriately.

4 (edited by johniac 2014-07-07 07:32:49)

teched wrote:

Example:
curl --data-urlencode 'limitedtextarea=Keep this message under 100 chars' -d 'countdown=10' -d 'short_code=XXXXXXX' -d 'color=FF00FF' -d 'action=go' -d 'submit=Send+This+Message+to+The+Chumby+via+cURL' hxxp://send2.chumbyland.com/XXXXXXX

Thank you sir... I'll give it a whirl.

Does anyone know of a widget that will let you talk directly to a chumby screen without going to an external server?

I'l looking to dispaly warnings when my Internet connection is down.

There may be something in here that you could utilize:

IT & Network Widgets Category

Cheers.

Hi Cbreeze, any chance you can get the Subsonic widget running? I miss that one.

paltomare wrote:

Hi Cbreeze, any chance you can get the Subsonic widget running? I miss that one.

Yeah, I was just thinking about that the other day.  I'll try and dig up the code.

Cheers.

teched wrote:

Example:

This works great! Is there a way to change the backround and foregropund colors has part of the curl string? I see the 'color=FF00FF' key/value pair. I tried changing that to 1a061a to get "Black" text, but no joy.

I plan on running this by my bed and would like a black backround and red text.

Thanks very much for bringing chumbyland.com back online.

The Send2Chumby widget is something I had been using every single day and I really, really missed it when your domain expired.

Develephant, if you ever get around to modifying this widget, I do have one request. If possible, I would like the amount of space between lines of text to be reduced, so the spacing in this widget is similar to your Text.simple widget. That way, I could really take advantage of your 100 character limit.