Topic: Chumby vs. Nabaztag

I guess Chumby scores a knockout over the wifi rabbit Nabaztag.  My co-workers thank you for such a quiet product, I guess the Nabaztag announcing emails, telling the weather, reading my feeds, was driving my co-workers crazy!  So the Rabbit gets retired, thats one for Chumby!

Re: Chumby vs. Nabaztag

Maybe someone can make a USB-based ear-wiggling servo attachment for your chumby if you really miss those ears ;^)

I think the USB humping dogs are a good replacement for those ears wink

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

I own both a chumby and a Nabaztag. Why I like Chumby better:

1) Easier to configure
2) I am a visual person, so the web seems.... better
3) Software on Chumby works. Software on chumby website WORKS. Chumby website isn't annoying.

The biggest thing is the fact the Chumby works well... And does what was advertised. Don't get me wrong, I love getting Nabaztag messages... but the Chumby just seems a little more... integrated into my lifestyle.

shoe

I was very interested in the Nabaztag....for about 15 minutes.
It is a very cool device, but looked to me like it would get annoying within the first day of me using it.
The Chumby is much less "intrusive".

BTW Shoe, I just realized who you were. I have been reading your blog for a while now.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Getting totally off topic here, but: Hey GAnson! smile Thanks for reading my blog/navel gazings/recent battles with MythTV. Used to live in the DC area when my husband was in grad school... Alexandria.... Worked as a contractor at the patent office (nothing too exciting, essentially I prepped patents for publication... a cross between proofreading and typesetting). Mr. Shoe studied public health at GW.

I have to say, my nabaztag is now doing duty as a podcast speaker and a cuckoo clock, while my chumby gets a lot more love. smile