Topic: Old new chumby. No activation screen

I bought a chumby 8 a few months ago not showing on my account

So I subscribed and all my chumbys show ok, except this one

I have been using it as space clock and right now it shows unsubscribed clock and no activation screen. How do i add it to my subscription?

Re: Old new chumby. No activation screen

so, what i think you're asking is "can a deactivate a chumby that was on another account?"

the answer is YES!  see here: http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?pid=50383#p50383

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

3 (edited by philhu 2014-07-01 19:49:38)

No, it was a new chumby I had in my basement.  I put it in service right after it all got shutdown.  It doesn't show up in my list of Chumbys

So I don't have a name for it or it's ID and it is showing the unsubscribed clock now so how do I get to the id page?

Open the Control Panel and hit the "exit" button, then the "gear" button, and then the "Device Info" button.

if it's showing the clock, it must be registered to *somebody*.

5 (edited by philhu 2014-07-01 20:03:39)

Ok, i did special options, did a deactivate option.

I went to www.chumby.com, activate, entered the dots, see the ID, click ACTIVATE, says 'Please wait', and it refreshes the same activate page on the browser, while the chumby spins

If you want to look, the id is:
E07C41D6-3508-6A28-B8FF-959C032EAC41

hmmm nothing.  What version of the software is it running?

If it was new out-of-the-box, you'll need to do a USB firmware update.

8 (edited by philhu 2014-07-01 20:17:30)

No, it's been running for all summer with lcars clock but I don't remember few upgrade before so I will try that tomorrow

All set. The firmware upg made it ask all the questions again

I am setup

Ok, just dusted off my Classic Chumby Black brown beanbag.  Came right up, and started where it left off

So that is 3 up, and my old insignia info8 running Zurk because it hangs at special options,  which is why I did the zurk on it in the first place.

Anyone know why it would hang  at 'please wait' during boot or in special options.

Zurk does a usb boot and overwrites firmware, is there a way to boot a usb to force the firmware to be overwritten with the latest insignia firmware?

your I8 may have a bad serial crypto line, which causes it a bit of an identity crisis.

I've sent you an email, I came up with a workaround for it, and you can be a guinea pig! muhahaha!

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.