Topic: Are Chumby's down?

Just checking if the service is completely down? I have a Chumby 8 and a tablet running the andriod Chumby app and both have not worked for weeks now. Is the service down? Will it come back up?

Re: Are Chumby's down?

the stub service is up and running, and has been.

the revamped restored full service service is getting *very* close to launching.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

The Android app failure is a known issue, in that I just need to get a new SSL cert.

The rest of the system is running properly.

The Android app should be running again.  You'll probably need to kill and restart it.

I can never get chubby lite to work on kindle hd because flash player is needed to work. Wish it would work.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Yeah, that app is basically doomed because of the removal of Flash Player availability on Android.  I restored support mainly in the interest of completeness - its uses more features of the system than any of the current devices, so if that works, then pretty much everything else will.

My chumby lineup has changed since full service ended. Can I send you the new list of current devices so you can update my account? I have sold some and acquired new ones. I also have an I8 that has malfunctioned.

You should just be able to delete them from your "my chumby" page.

9 (edited by demarks51 2014-07-02 14:26:38)

I did. Thanks. Just getting used to the new way of doing things. Appreciate your patience. Sometimes wonder why you put up with the cry babies.

I have an I8 that is not working. Someone from the forum tried to fix it by changing the SD card settings to overcome a cryptoprocessor problem. Could it be that the wrong ID number was put on the SD card? I would like to get this to someone who could fix it or use it. I would like to use it but it is just a paperweight at this time.

demarks51 wrote:

I have an I8 that is not working. Someone from the forum tried to fix it by changing the SD card settings to overcome a cryptoprocessor problem. Could it be that the wrong ID number was put on the SD card? I would like to get this to someone who could fix it or use it. I would like to use it but it is just a paperweight at this time.

that was me smile

yes, when the cryptoprocessor fails, it can't get the original ID number anymore, so Duane and I came up with a reasonable substitue that will work without the crypto processor.

your I8 has that now, and if you sell it to someone else, and they get the screen working (perhaps by swapping it out) then they can register it, and it should work

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.