Topic: How close to relaunch -or- weather widget?

Duane, it's not possible that you created a weather widget around the same time you created your space clock is there?  I'd love to have weather at my bedside until relaunch. 

Since I wasn't around during the heyday, I'm not sure if widgets such as weather could be configured from the chumby itself or not, so this might be a limitation of which I'm not aware.

Thanks for all your hard work (and everyone else working behind the scenes that I don't know about)!  I look forward to the future of Chumby!  Good job on the store by the way, I'll be refreshing looking for refurbs smile

Re: How close to relaunch -or- weather widget?

I believe the favored weather widget was a Duane creation, however, it relied on data being pulled from the servers, which doesn't exist at the moment. that's likely to change in the near future with the pending relaunch.

personally, I'm looking forward to getting my bear cam and elephant cam back wink

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Yeah the weather widget relies on a service that's not yet operational.  It should come back with the rest.

I want to know all about these widgets!  There has to be so much to do with these devices...  I can't wait.
What were your favorites, and what did they do (anyone reading...)?

Here's a little video made by one of the fans here when things looked bleak: http://vimeo.com/58569110  it gives you a little preview wink

@billyjack - Sony still offers limited support for their Dash devices, based on the Chumby OS and widgets. Chumby and Dash had online catalogs of widgets that you could download and organize into channels. It was really very elegant and fun. Most of the widgets shown in the catalogs could be demonstrated online in any browser with Flash. Some, like the weather apps, could be customized right online. The Sony widgets were virtually the same as our Chumby ones. Point is, you can still roam the Sony widget selections, and see how many of them work. The swf files are right there live, so you could "theoretically" download a simple flash movie from the Sony Dash site, strictly for "review" purposes, of course. They Sony widget catalog is at http://dash.dash.sel.sony.com/guide

Many may be "broken" since they were just leased from Chumby, and neither have been updating apps. But hopefully the Dash site will give you an idea of how things once worked, and may again someday. Duane's on a mission and we know this is worth waiting for if it can come back.

I want to pay monthly for Chumby!  I want a subscription-based model like Hulu, Spotify and Netflix!   I want Duane to succeed!

diamaunt wrote:

Here's a little video made by one of the fans here when things looked bleak: http://vimeo.com/58569110  it gives you a little preview wink

Sorry to say, but I had stopped watching the forums for some time and had thought several times of sending my I8 to the closet.  However, on a whim, did a guest peek at the forums and saw several interesting post this year heralding GREAT news in the Chumby world.  So, got off my duff and bought a sticker to try and help.  Then, to top things off, had to log in after finding this video gem (that almost made me tear up) and put my two cents worth in.

If you haven't seen it, you need to watch it and do at least a little something to let those slaving away know you are keeping the faith.......

welcome back!