Topic: Widget Manipulation on the website

Having lots of fun programming my new Chumby with the existing widgets!

Since I am using the RSS reader to set up a bunch of feeds, it would be helpful to be able to rename the title of the RSS reader widget so I can quickly see it in the list.  It would also be helpful if there was a way to copy a customized widget from one channel to another.
- Rich

Dallas TX
Chumby1 Birthday 11/1/07

Re: Widget Manipulation on the website

Currently, there is a way to do this. Next to each widget, list in your channel page, there is a 'send' link. If you click on that, you will presented with two options to send the widget to chums and other channels you have. The send is copy/move function. It will make an exact copy of your widget with its configuration settings to the channel(s) you specify.

Also, I will bring up the issue of renaming widgets within the Chumby think tank and see what we can do.

Regards,

jt

Wow... did not know that I could send a widget to another channel. Great! Thanks!
Rich

Dallas TX
Chumby1 Birthday 11/1/07

n5csu wrote:

Having lots of fun programming my new Chumby with the existing widgets!

Since I am using the RSS reader to set up a bunch of feeds, it would be helpful to be able to rename the title of the RSS reader widget so I can quickly see it in the list.  It would also be helpful if there was a way to copy a customized widget from one channel to another.
- Rich

I second this, for all widgets actually - at least be able to have a second line that you can customize:

ie.

Google News
Top Stories

Google News
Health News

Jobster
Jim's search

etc.

5 (edited by Jodi 2007-12-26 19:18:27)

jt wrote:

Next to each widget, list in your channel page, there is a 'send' link. If you click on that, you will presented with two options to send the widget to chums and other channels you have. The send is copy/move function. It will make an exact copy of your widget with its configuration settings to the channel(s) you specify.

I'd suggest renaming the 'send' link to make this more obvious. 'Send/copy' is only thing I can think of (and obviously too long)--but the copy functionality was unexpected.

Alternately, chumby.com could mention copying. (It does mention that you can 'send a widget to a chum').

-Jodi

EDIT: I haven't managed to copy ANY of my widgets. Can anybody confirm that copy works with Beta control panel 2.6.49?

Is there a way to send/copy a widget that was sent to you? The 'send' link is not on these widgets and I simply want to move or copy them to another channel.

-HuckFinn