26 (edited by chumby008 2014-03-06 05:58:10)

Re: Chumby Functionality as Alarm Clock

Duane wrote:

If the price for the new chumby One on the store is acceptable to you, send me an email through the forum and we'll reply to you directly - you can be our Canadian test case.

* Apprantly it doesn't come with the retail box> so the price is fair> would I need to flash it to get the latest software available?

* I will contact you via e-mail, and set up a transaction to have one shipped to me here in Canada.

When we sell a device, even a new one, we test it and update the firmware before shipping.

* Is there still a widget website where you can chose which widgets or channels you like to add> It originally had 1500.

* I would like to see a youtube widget.

it's being rebuilt. stand by for a grand reopening. (not sure exactly how long it'll take, but it's in process. smile

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

billyjack669 wrote:

By the way NathanM, I offered $50 on the Infocast 8 he was also selling for $300 and he took it.
Hopefully I'll see it around relaunch time!  I am a bit confused as to whether the I8 is going to become as robust as the C8 or if I'm going to have to update it *to* a C8.

Interesting.  I thought about trying that exact price since it said $300 obo, but since he was so "proud" of his infocast I thought $50 wouldn't have been accepted.  Oh well.  I have enough of them already and really need the $50 more than another infocast right now.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

diamaunt wrote:

it's being rebuilt. stand by for a grand reopening. (not sure exactly how long it'll take, but it's in process. smile

* What's the outlook for the new website> few months at least?

"when it's ready" is the best timeframe I can give you.

I'm not privileged to know all the details, but I do see progress being made, there was an update to the control panels this week, which is the first step in the process of reopening the service. so, I'm hoping, soon.

33 (edited by chumby008 2014-03-06 12:16:10)

*Also is it possible to add a youtube channel to the chumby 1.

* Are there different Alarm clock themese available?

*I've seen around the web there are a few different clock themes. Could I program my own theme?

knock yourself out: http://wiki.chumby.com/index.php?title= … e#Software also http://wiki.chumby.com/index.php?title= … _Tutorials

36 (edited by chumby008 2014-03-08 07:50:23)

Looks like I'll have to figure it out.

Duane> I sent you an e-mail in regards to purchasing a chumby one> please contact me.

I got the email, we'll be in touch.

Ok I'll await for your response.

* Allright received the chumby, works wonderfully as a Night Radio and Alarm clock> compact and very customizable> Great unit.