Topic: Production Chumby vs. Pre-Production Chumby spec's

Some posts I've read make reference to the production Chumby's having different, (better? worse?), spec's than the pre-production Chumby like the one's we all have.  Is this correct?  also, what will the difference in spec's be between the two types of Chumby's?  Will we, (the guinea pigs), be allowed to "upgrade" to the production Chumby at little or no cost?  thanks and I LOVE my Chumby!   XXOO

Re: Production Chumby vs. Pre-Production Chumby spec's

There are several generations of the chumby out there, so some clarification is required.

"FOO" and "Katamari" chumbys have a 266 MHz processor in them. These were never available for sale and you could only get them by being given one by the staff in Chumby.

"Ironforge" chumbys have a 350 MHz processor in them. This is the model that was shipped to all First50 and Insiders customers. It will also be the model that will be sold at full-out launch. Thus, if you paid for your chumby, you got real "launch" hardware. The primary difference between First50, Insiders and full launch is/will be just the software image on the device; hardware improvements focus around user-transparent things like making the chumby more efficient to produce.  Thus, relevant "upgrade" comes for free in the form of the Chumby over the air software update.

7BAA 2E53 01C1 DCFF 497B  E7F0 9699 A303 78F0 D9B9

Re: Production Chumby vs. Pre-Production Chumby spec's

Sweet! thanks for clarifying.   smile