Topic: My Favorite Widget was...

Disclaimer: Please don't imply that I'm trying anything "political" here, I had a couple of favorite widgets, and it would be nice to hear about some of yours.

1. Chumbyland (even my avatar is named from my CL character)
2. That goofy Pug Dog Puppy licking the inside of the Chumby screen (How did they get him IN there?)

:-)

Marc Silverman
New York City
SilverMarc.com | Chumbian.com
MY POWER TEAM: Macintosh, iPhone, Chumby, Geocaching, WheresGeorge.

Re: My Favorite Widget was...

My favorites:

1.  Can't remember what it was called, but the weather app that animated a several-hour loop of local radar
2.  The umbrella app that just said whether to expect rain that day

Danny Marooned

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

4 (edited by philhu 2014-03-10 10:27:25)

My favorite is the space clock, which is why I am sure Duane coded the stub server just for me.

Robo Clock!

Of course my favorite widget was the one I wrote myself -- a picture of one of my beagles telling me to go to bed.

My favorite clocks were the old style digital clocks.

Loved the weather widgets.

Sky Happenings

I miss the news apps.  When they had the NY Times sections, Engadget etc...  Great way to glance what what was going on in the world while I was at my desk at work...

I watched a lot of Letterman monologues / Top Ten lists on Chumby, a lot easier than staying awake late!

10 (edited by slipperyp 2014-03-16 09:05:08)

No really strong preferences but I'm now really interested in getting ImageUrl (or URLImage? Are these different?) to work so that I could hack together a webcam monitor for my baby cam.  There are some old instructions for this kind o thing here:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/shoozhoo/20081105#p2
(though that didn't work for me with zurk - it might just not work or might have something not work with the auth required to get to my cam's jpg).

11 (edited by spunk_ 2014-03-18 14:23:51)

My Favorite was:
Youstreams and searchtube

Oh, good idea, a widget to show images from surveillance cameras.  We had a drunk drive into our house, and sometimes it comfortable to look at the cameras and see that a drunk hasn't driven into the house lately.

kathleen wrote:

Oh, good idea, a widget to show images from surveillance cameras.  We had a drunk drive into our house, and sometimes it comfortable to look at the cameras and see that a drunk hasn't driven into the house lately.

there's a widget called "dual cams" that lets you program two cameras into it, one full screen, the other cam a picture in picture in the corner, tap it to swap the images.... I used it to watch the front yard and front door cameras. wink

it'll be back.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Thanks Diamaunt, that would be fabulous, it would catch both ends of the busy street!

My family's favorite was the Abe Vigoda - Dead or Alive? widget.   Hopefully that will eventually return!

GoMason wrote:

My family's favorite was the Abe Vigoda - Dead or Alive? widget.   Hopefully that will eventually return!

I don't think you'll be disappointed. smile

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

17 (edited by bobsz 2014-03-23 20:57:37)

I still can't decide on my one favorite widget. But I have a "Favorite Widget That Could Have Been." I always hoped Weatherpixie would show up on Chumbys. It was so much in the spirit of the best Chumby widgets, informative, fun to set up, fun to customize, fun to play with, totally for no profit, no purpose except what it was. There was even an occasional surprise like in "Sky Happenings." Too bad Chumby and Tasmin were like two ships passing in the night, each heading for their own soft iceberg- and way ahead of their times. I still hold out hope for Weatherpixie's return. I mean, whoever would have dreamed people would be making animated GIFs again in the 21st century.

And maybe JenniCam will start showing reruns.