Topic: slideshow from usb drive

is it possible to make a (or is there any) widget, which plays images from an usb pendrive? like a digital photo frame

Re: slideshow from usb drive

That would be a SWEET feature!  KLR

I'd like to also acknowledge this as a cool idea. The Flickr widget isn't quite customizable enough yet to play a specific set of my photos so the USB drive album would be great. And what if it would automatically play any music files it found in the same directory as accompaniment? Sorry...just got my Chumby and I'm a little giddy about the potential, but not much of a developer myself.

It's definitely on the list.  Behind a few other more pressing priorities, but on the list.  :^)

5 (edited by ninavizz 2007-11-10 04:26:11)

A friend whom I'm shipping a Chumby to, just actually asked if this was a feature. She has internet access where she'll be using it, but because it will be used to view large quantities of photos, this seemed more efficient than depending on the Flickr widget. She's also dependent on a hospital's wifi... and so the possibility of not having wifi (if it gets spotty or if there is an outage), but still wanting to use Chumby for images and music, has also crossed both our minds.

Her Chumby is being used to stimulate cognitive rehabilitation in her boyfriend (brain injury patient)- and so having more predictability with what images are shown when, is more desired with her use, over the more spontaneous and whimsical options presented with the Flickr widget.

The above of course, is being very particular. Both her and her boyfriend I know will be elated to have their cutiepie Chumby, with Flickr images of his friends, art, and life, streaming as often as the nurses will allow the Chumby to be on.