Topic: Thanks for supporting our devices, Duane!

There have been topics like this before, but they died out due to the fact that they were unneeded. I intend to make this thread different. Why? Simple. This is the one year anniversary of the "Stub" server! That's right. On February 20, 2013, Duane formally replaced the Chumby servers, and through criticism, maintenance (both scheduled and unscheduled), and the transfer of music rights, the stub server has continued to support our devices. All I can say is, thanks Duane, for a year of free device support and a job well done.

Re: Thanks for supporting our devices, Duane!

what he said.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Another eloquent speech from diamaunt.

Here here!  I've said it before, I'll say it again... I owe you a beer.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

Well, hopefully this year will be much more interesting.

Duane wrote:

Well, hopefully this year will be much more interesting.

I hope that's not like 'may you live in interesting times' interesting wink

nathanm wrote:

Another eloquent speech from diamaunt.

smile in all fairness, I didn't think I could do much better than you, and if I did, it'd take a lot of work *bows*

I will raise a toast to Duane this weekend. I have some fine Jefferson Reserve Bourbon that is just waiting for a reason to drink it, other than the usual party on days ending in a "y".

In all seriousness, every one of us Chumby users owe Duane a lot.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

I second that toast but instead raise a mug of freshly ground and brewed Kona coffee to Duane.  (Too early for me for Bourbon)

I know of no other person who would spend this much time, capital and sweat to maintain an older infrastructure for its client base.  Truly an impressive feat. 

Duane, I guess only you know what the future holds for Chumby and yourself but from me at least I say thank you for keeping the service live and music to my ears.

10 (edited by bobsz 2014-02-21 19:21:39)

I just saw on the "Chumby, the Device" thread that Duane just offered someone parts "from QA." I figure by now the "QA Department" must be the left side of Duane's sock drawer. But, he just keeps us going. No one could "believe in the users" more than that. Thanks Duane. I think the Star Trek forums are going to rename that clock "The Chumby Clock." From the most recent stock holders' meeting of the Blue Octy QA Committee and Board Of Directors:

Duane: I'd say "Welcome Friend". But not here. Not like this.
    The Chumby: I don't even know what I'm doing here.
    Duane: Do you believe in the Users?
    The Chumby: Sure I do. If I don't have a User, then who wrote me?
    Duane: That's what you're doing down here.