151 (edited by Chum_Bee 2013-08-27 07:51:51)

Re: Zurk's Chumby One Offline Firmware (chumby1/infocast3.5/classic only!)

SvenC,

This is the exactly clock I'm looking for now, where did you get it and how did you set it up to run on zurk chumby?  I'm very near-sighted too and that's the only clock I could see in bed without eyeglasses.  I had it set up with black background and red numbers so it was the least intrusive in a dark room.

SvenC wrote:

Thanks. Now, the squeezeplayer is working fine for me on chumby 1 and 8. PERFECT. big_smile
Now, I will searching the correct clock and I will remove the related overlay xml.  I found a whole widget list with all? widgets for chumby....

@infocastme
Seems, my preferred clock is not listed on your link. wink
It was a simple clock with large digits (digital) and you can change the color and font. All the other clocks are too small for me (night and without glasses big_smile ).

Hah, I found the clock

Clocks\Largedigitalclock\

http://s1.directupload.net/images/130821/9th9kdxn.jpg

/edit

Okay, clock installed and it's running fine. smile

152 (edited by Chum_Bee 2013-08-28 19:27:37)

Well alright I'm making some progress hacking zurk chumby on my Chumby Classic so the neighbor kids don't get to use it as a softball : )

I got GD Radio working first under my streams as a pls

Next I created two additional profiles/channels. One called [Large Clock] and the other [Weather Underground]

From there I was able to get [Weather Underground] profile/channel to display the RapidFire page for KNYENDWE2 and finally to scroll through the Weather Graphs for station KNYENDWE2.

Sweet I've got it playing GD Radio in the background as it scrolls through all the weather station data in the form of a slideshow.

@ SvenC - Now if I could only get that Large Digital Clock, can anyone help with that ?  SvenC where did you go ???  It looks like you just got the Large Clock set up on yours last week !!!

Ah, sorry. I'm here. big_smile

You can find the anwser here

https://sourceforge.net/p/zurk/discussi … /334f98a3/

last entry. wink

for about a month now,  my widgets haven't been loading using Zurk's offline firmware. I'm using version 18, and all I get is the space clock. I remember loading all the widgets I wanted onto the USB stick. Am I out of luck, is Chumby completely dead?

nemesis256 wrote:

Am I out of luck, is Chumby completely dead?

Well, no. You've got the space clock, so your Chumby is clearly working. It would appear to be the zurkware part of things that is the problem.
It sounds like your Chumby is not loading the zurkware off the USB stick at all. If it used to work, using that Chumby and that version of zurk off that USB, then your problem may be hardware related. The stick hasn't fallen slightly out of the USB port at the back, has it? Otherwise maybe try a new USB stick.
You should also check in at Source Forge, which is where the main zurkware discussion is located (see link in post before yours).

156 (edited by SvenC 2014-04-07 10:16:38)

A question.

Does the chumby resp. this FW support / enable a NTP time server, which uses an UDP port? My provider inform me about a possibly security problem, but I do not use a time server on my W7 system. Any ideas? smile

SvenC wrote:

A question.

Does the chumby resp. this FW support / enable a NTP time server, which uses an UDP port? My provider inform me about a possibly security problem, but I do not use a time server on my W7 system. Any ideas? smile

some chumbys do have ntp enabled, yes. you typically should have them behind a firewall.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Thank you for the quick reply. smile
But what do you mean with "some"? Is the time server enabled with zurk's FW or disabled? Which port does this server use?
Is this setting save with the normal Windows 7 firewall?

classics don't, the rest do.

as to zurks, I don't know, you'd need to either ssh into your chumby and check to see if ntp is running, or ask on the zurks forum, unless someone here happens to know.

ntp runs on port 123.

I don't know anything about windows and it's firewall, or what that would have to do with your chumby.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Okay, thank you for reply. I will check this one. wink

I don't know if it's a general problem or a problem caused by zurk's FW.
Since yesterday my chumby 1 stopped to working. After reset the chumby 1 stops at "downloading the control panel"
Several resets do not fix that problem. The bar stops after the "a" (the a after wait) in "Please wait a moment..." after three or four new trials... any ideas?

If you take the USB stick out, and try to connect to the stub server, what happens? If you get the space clock, then at least you will know that your Chumby is working.
I don't really understand how there could be a general problem that would afflict all offline Chumbys at once.

163 (edited by SvenC 2014-05-04 02:17:54)

I never have the USB stick connected when I restart the chumby.

Okay, after re-loading via USB stick, the panel is starting again...  but I must re-edit all settings...