1 (edited by nathanm 2013-11-29 17:02:37)

Topic: music_order will not work

Exactly what the topic says. I wanted the order of my music sources to be Pandora, My Streams, and Blue Octy radio. However, this just didn't work. I first made a music_order file with Notepad++, and SCP'd it over to the Chumby. For some reason, this put Blue Octy radio at the top and ignored the rest. I then SSH'd into the Chumby and put in the same 3 sources again, using vi. This had the effect of doing nothing. I SSH'd in again, and found that the file had been deleted. I then made a debugchumby script that was supposed to copy the music_sources file to the psp folder. This put Blue Icty radio at the top again. I than made another music_sources file with just My Streams in it. This did nothing. My question is, what am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?
EDIT: I found the problem. For some reason, instead of "directurl", the file had "directurl^M" in it. I don't know why, but the important thing is, now it works.

Re: music_order will not work

The ^M is because you used windows newlines.  Newlines should just be that.  Windows for some reason likes to use Carriage Return + Newline to create a new line which linux doesn't like and vi, diff, and a few other utilities display as ^M.

I don't think there's anything you can do about it in Notepad, but there should be something in Notepad++ to change that.  You will probably only want to change it when editing things for a linux system because i'm not sure how Windows will handle just \n instead of \r\n.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker

In Notepad++, use the following menu options to convert the file in UNIX format:

Edit -> EOL Conversion -> UNIX / OSX Format

This should resolve the issue.

Yes, I did that.