Topic: USB wireless adaptor

I am playing around modifying one of my Infocast I3.5. I know there is a compatible wireless USB adapter that works out of the box.

Does anyone have one with an external antennae that they want to part with or know where one might purchase one?

Thanks
Larry

Re: USB wireless adaptor

there's one inside it wink

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

3 (edited by infocastme 2013-10-07 15:39:27)

diamaunt wrote:

there's one inside it wink

Yes I know! tongue

I am looking for one with an external antenna.

I can't seem to find the information to use a USB for Ethernet Connection. I have tried a China one but it does not recognize it. It seems like there were a few USB ethernet adapters that worked after rebooting. ??

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

5 (edited by joltdude 2013-10-09 16:37:16)

Oddly enough I had luck with the Apple usb/ethernet adaptor for the macbook air.. Used it with both my C8 and C1.... has an ASIX chipset if i recall..

demarks51, is this the page you were looking for: http://wiki.chumby.com/index.php?title= … d_Ethernet

Admittedly, this talks about a wired connection using a Linksys USB200M adapter, and not a wireless adapter that infocastme seems to be trying to find. I can confirm that the Linksys adapter works quite well; I have four of them in use today keeping all of the Chumbys in my collection humming along just fine. This is much more reliable than the wireless adapter built into the Chumby, at least when it comes to the wireless network I am running in my home.