Topic: Getting tired of waiting

What is going on?  Tired of the same old clock.
Am I missing something or is everything at a stand-still?

Why are these things selling so well on eBay still?  They only have 128MB RAM...

Anyone want to buy a Chumby 8, Chumby 1, Infocast8 - actually I have 2, 1 locks up.

Re: Getting tired of waiting

If you don't like it, and they sell so well on ebay... then sell 'em there!

You can try my Chumby firmware. It has multiple clocks, makes no changes to the device itself, and there's no configuration required. I know it works on the Chumby ones, at least.

Eddiie wrote:

Why are these things selling so well on eBay still?  They only have 128MB RAM...

RAM, on its own, is not an indicator of the desirability or usefulness of a product.

5 (edited by bobsz 2013-07-07 15:28:24)

Silly. I've been watching Amazon for good deals on used C1s and they're few and far between. (I don't usually use ebay.) I just searched ebay and there are a total of 4 Chumbys for sale, only two of which looked remotely reliable. To the OP, too bad you didn't join us on a positive note and try to sell them in The Market thread on our forum.

There are lots of Internet clock radios that sell for a lot more than Chumbys. I don't recall seeing any with a choice of clock faces. I think your instincts are right, sell your Chumbys on ebay and put the proceeds into buying a used Dash. Sony has a very nice forum for you that you might want to try to get some straight answers about their situation.

BTW, I think the Appolo 11 guidance computer had something like 4 kb RAM. (Though I'm sure someone may correct me on that number.)