Topic: How to tune to a Pandora channel through script?

Does anyone know how to tune to a specific Pandora station using a script (i.e. that can be called from a cgi-bin script)?

I know the alarm subsystem can tune to the Pandora stations, but is there a way you can tune/play those Pandora stations "on demand"?

Thanks for any help anyone could provide!

Re: How to tune to a Pandora channel through script?

I think Pandora controls all of their stations. I don't think it is like Shoutcast in that they connect to stations directly and deliver it to you. I may not understand your question. I can find urls and put them in My Streams and it is quite convenient instead having to search for them on Shoutcast. Wish Shoutcast had a favorites even similar to iHeart.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

I know that the Chumby CAN tune to a specific Pandora station under your Pandora account since you can set an alarm to play a particular Pandora station at a certain time.

If you look at the /psp/alarms after adding a Pandora station to an alarm, you will see entries related to Pandora, but I don't know how the Chumby software is using those values to know what to "play"?

So, since the Chumby software is already doing this correctly, I was wondering if there's a way to just do it manually (not within an alarm setting)?

Maybe this makes it a little more clearer what I'm asking?

Thanks!

Your question is still, perhaps, a little unclear.
In particular, it is not entirely clear in what way you want Pandora on the Chumby to work differently to how it does now. What do you mean by 'manually' and how is that different from the existing procedure?
Do you want a particular station to play as soon as you select Pandora as a music source, rather than having to pick a station from the list? Or something else?

There is no Control Panel event specifically for starting the playback of a Pandora station.

However, ont he 3.5" devices, you can get the same effect by setting up an alarm in the /psp/alarms file to play a Pandora station, sending an event to reload the alarms file, then issue another even to fire that alarm.

Not using the stock Chumby software, but pianobar works on chumby devices if you're up for cross compiling that.

Linux Guy - Occasional Chumby Hacker