Topic: Zurk's firmware

Don't mean to be off topic but Zurk's firmware is a problem. This is the first time I have used it since the changeover. The music choices stink. Nothing much works except a couple of widgets and ho hum. It is fun playing around with it but I think I am just going back to Blue Octy and wait for the next chapter. The MUSIC is much better there.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

Re: Zurk's firmware

The only advantage that Zurk's stuff has is that you can configure your own widgets channels, feeds, sounds and audio streams if you're sufficiently knowledgeable to delve into the innards and can edit XML files by hand.  I would only recommend that to those with a programming background and an understand of Linux though.

I think the proper place to discuss zurk's firmware is on the sourceforge site. However, I will say that you can add your own streaming radio sources by copying your version of the url_streams file into the psp directory on your USB flash drive.

4 (edited by bobsz 2013-03-02 17:16:28)

Three different perspectives above, and I think all are valid. It's refreshing to see a brief discussion of this z-ware without flamers jumping in and turning it all negative with criticism of everything Chumby.

I agree. Since a *certain* person was banned, the discussions have beem much more civil.  I really have not retried Zurk until recently so I just put my 2 cents in there.  I think everyone can give an educated opinion and in most cases everyone on this forum have been helpful and good attitudes.  I appreciate what Zurk has tried to do but it just isn't for me in the long run.

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

I'll also chime in here. I have four Chumbys. I do run zurkware on the C8, because it is the only way I have found to get out of the Space Clock widget. However, it is definitely not the answer to all my prayers, which is why it is not on my C1 or I3.5. But if Duane's alternate stub server did not come up when the orignal server went off-line, I would definitely use it on everything in my collection.