Topic: Yourdays ovulation calendar widget

Hello, I am actually developing a widget based on Yourdays http://www.yourdays.com web application. It will connect to user account and retrieve all his calendar view and notes. I will be very easy to use.
Have you some suggestions about what do you expect from the widget?
Thanks!

---
YourDays ovulation calendar http://www.yourdays.com is a full featured free ovulation calendar that helps any woman get pregnant, avoid pregnancy or just track her menstrual period and fertility. It can help you specify the gender of your baby, her zodiac sign and due date.

Re: Yourdays ovulation calendar widget

Something tells me the number of women on this forum might be small.  But from a guy's perspective, I would recommend it be discreet as to not cause embarrassment to a woman as you don't know who might be viewing the Chumby.  Maybe something as simple as a color coding with an icon would be fine.  Even making it like the 5 day weather forecast might work!

jhaluska wrote:

Something tells me the number of women on this forum might be small.  But from a guy's perspective, I would recommend it be discreet as to not cause embarrassment to a woman as you don't know who might be viewing the Chumby.  Maybe something as simple as a color coding with an icon would be fine.  Even making it like the 5 day weather forecast might work!

True smile
What do you think about using a specific channel only for this widget?

Veilkrand wrote:

True smile
What do you think about using a specific channel only for this widget?

Well, I personally only use specific channels for channels I want to stay static, not necessarily for privacy.  I had issues with some widgets automatically getting switched to the next when the last hasn't finished (How It Should Have Ended).  From a privacy standpoint a separate channel will help, but a curious person may find out this information that you don't want.  Maybe an optional "binary dot password" may help people who are extra sensitive.  So the content doesn't show up unless they turn on and off a grid of 16 dots (4x4) like we did during activation.  That would allow up to 64K of passwords.

I still think something with only colors and some symbols would be more than enough.  You could still put the URL of the website on the site as it doesn't necessarily tell the person what it is.  To a guy like me, I would probably first think its some weird Horoscope Widget.  Which brings up the possibility of using stenography.  Put an icon and a color coded background coordinated with a woman's cycle, then just put on some quote that changes daily in the middle.  Random person would think its a quote app (which could be cool by itself), and the sensitive person could get the information needed from the color of the background and/or the icons.

This widget is a static application, browse when you need and exit when you are done. It doesn't make sense to include it in widget rotation gallery.

I am not sure about the problem in showing sensitive data in your own chumby, on a specific channel. It's the same privacy level as an email client. Your Chumby is there near your bed, and only you should check this widget on this channel. Perhaps a short PIN is not necessary.

What do you think guys? this is an important point on developing privacy sensitive widgets on Chumby.