Topic: Infocast 3.5 for sale

Don't use it anymore, if anyone is interested, shoot me an offer.

door that holds FM antenna is missing on the bottom, has original box.  Works like a champ.

Re: Infocast 3.5 for sale

Where would you get an replacement cover for the fm radio antenna?

Owner of 3 Sony Dash, 2 Info 8.

No idea, aside from buying a broken one.  I have it coiled up inside and it doesn't fall out the way it is, so you can't tell.

I thought maybe Duane may have some odds and ends like that. It is strange what people want for broken chumbies on ebay (and for an assortment of broken toys on ebay for that matter). Maybe someone could buy up all the broken chums and parts them out for us. Wouldn't get rich doing that. I have been trying to get a sweet deal on a squeezebox but they are still overpriced for me. I love internet radio.

I have been shipping out miscellaneous parts I scrounged up from Chumby's offices when it closed, and having people return defective units to me to be parted out if that becomes worth doing.

I don't have any parts for Insignia Infocast devices, since we didn't make them - while they were made at the same factory as the chumby One, they were shipped to and sold by Best Buy.  We had a couple prototypes in house.

I had to buy the Insignia devices I have from a store like everyone else.

Would you know who got in control of the left over Infocast stuff? I know this may be beyond your reach. These units are all related in some way.

We were not involved much in the logistics of the Infocasts - we provided the electronics designs and software, but Best Buy managed the relationship with the factory in China and distribution to their stores.  Bunnie may have helped debugging some manufacturing line problems but that was probably it.

If there's any remaining inventory, I don't know where it might be - most likely the were recycled or dropped in a dump somewhere in China.  I *have* seen indication of some gray market sales where it appears some excess inventory was sold off to bulk liquidators and found their way to the US - there were some curious eBay auctions of large batches.  The downside was that Chumby would not have been paid for those units. Oftentimes, they end up in the bazaars in China's electronics market districts - bunnie recently found a bunch of QA-rejected Chumby Classic power supplies for sale in an open market.