Topic: Top switch (button) not working

The top switch or button (labled Insignia) is being balky. Some times it works and some times not. Lately, its more not working. I was thinking a squirt of Caig Gold might help but I can't see how to take the Infocast apart.

Re: Top switch (button) not working

There are four small screws behind the display; this will grant you access to behind the front bezel.  I haven't taken my I8s apart this far, so I don't know if you'll be able to reach the button from there, but I would presume so.  If you want to get to the board, you'll need to peel the feet off the bottom, under which you'll find four similar screws -- once you have these off the bottom panel snaps off with a little "encouragement" from a screwdriver or similar rigid thin tool.

BTW, what is Caig Gold?

Caig Gold & DeoxIT are excellent contact cleaners

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index … Id=2104746

A friend of mine who is a Xerox service tech gave me a bottle of DeoxIT. Wonderful stuff!

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

Ah, okay... just wasn't familiar with the brand name then.  When I worked at an electronics surplus store we used to sell that stuff, 'cept it was "GC" brand.  Did the job well enough, made plenty of people happy (especially when the switch they came in to replace was $10, and we'd give their "broken" switch a squirt of contact cleaner for free and they'd marvel at how it worked like new!).