Topic: Custom toolchain on Chumby

Hi,

I wanted to ask if it is possible to install a custom toolchain, build with crosstool-ng, directly onto the c1. If it is possible, how can I do this? I know there is the falconwing toolchain but I need some things which don't build with this one.

By the way: Is it possible to expand the root partition? I have a 8gb microsd and it works with an expand storage but when I try to expand the root partition my c1 doesn't start anymore.

Thanks for help

Re: Custom toolchain on Chumby

Just run the "gcc" command and you'll get instructions on installing the local build tools from the Chumby servers. smile

I know. But than I get falconwing toolchain with gcc 4.3.3 or something like that. I need at least gcc 4.6 and therefor have build a custom toolchain. Know I don't know how to include it on my c1.

Can you use gcc 4.3.3 to build gcc 4.6?  It will take a while and you might need some swap for it to work.

I'd also look at cross-compiling with the Code Sourcery Lite tools - they're at http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software … e-edition/ and there are both Windows- and Linux-hosted versions.

I will try it. My main problem is, I tried to install scratchbox following the instructions on wiki page. But when I try to install C-libraries to target chumby I always get the error message: Failed to install C-library to target: Chumby.
Maybe anyone know how I can fix this? I tried the toolchain 2009q1 and 2008q3 from the wiki but ended up with this error with both of them.

Yeah, rewriting the C libraries with a newer version is something I'd only attempt with a good filesystem backup on a spare microSD card.  I've done things like it before, but you need to remount the root as read write and ideally use a statically-linked busybox so changing the library while you're running doesn't kill your own tools.