1 (edited by Lurschi 2012-04-30 00:07:21)

Topic: How to configurate ipv6 device

Hi,
I have a usb ipv6 device that I want to use with my Chumby One. I have firmware 1.0.7. My problem is that I don't know how to configurate it. on my desktop linux I can do this by writing the following in my /etc/config/network:

config interface pan             
        option ifname   usb0       
        option proto    static   
        option ip6addr  aaaa::1/64

but how can I do this on my Chumby? I tried it the way above but it didn't show any effect.

Can someone help me?

By the way, when I try to use ping6 with the global fe80 address (with -Iusb0) I always get an segmentation fault. Does anyone know why?

Greetings

Re: How to configurate ipv6 device

Do you have something handing out IPv6 addresses?   That's the easiest way.

I've had my insignia 3.5" (basically Chumby1) on a wifi ipv6 network for quite some time @ work.

chumby8 has no ipv6 support in the kernel.
chumby1 has ipv6 support but no dhcpv6 client and dibbler doesnt work to provide dhcpv6 support for some reason. probably no teredo support.
wouldnt count on ipv6 support anytime unless a new device firmware image is released with new kernel.

OK I will describe it a bit more exactly.
I have a usb device with a fixed ipv6 adresse. This device communicates with a powersocket via ipv6. The socket also has a fixed ipv6. But they both just have a global fe80:: adresse. to ping it I either use "-Iusb0 fe80::adresse" or I define a new prefix the way I described above. Then I can ping without using -Iusb0 and just use aaaa::adresse.
For a programm I have writte I now need the second way because -Iusb0 doesn't work.
Can anybody tell me how I can set this new prefix on my C1?

Greetings