Topic: rma #

Curious as to what it takes to get a return # to solve my dead chumby and get it a) fixed or b) replaced. Since it is still under warranty purchased last August 2011.
Emails are not working, apparently.

Re: rma #

I second this.  My Chumby 8 quit working with an update request last week and even with a USB firmware reload,  still no work.  Support does not answer.

Re: rma #

no chumbies are under warranty -- they stopped production two years ago and the 1 year factory warranty is over.
best to replace em with a $20 infocast 3.5 or $40 infocast 8 inch from ebay while the supply lasts.
if network hardware failure was the problem you can still use my offline frmware to resurrect your partially dead chumby. otherwise if its anything else, its game over. toss it in the trash.
most chumbies wont last more than 3 yrs since the LCD  screen and backlight is typically rated at 30K hours anyway and runs 24 x 7.  the wifi generally goes first since its not designed to run 24 x 7 in the first place and has a lower lifespan.
replace em with $100 android tablets from ebay (try the novo 7 series) which will last you another 3-5 yrs.