Topic: New Device

I just got my second new Chumby.  The first one had gotten it's network dongle knocked off during shipping or something.  Just sat on the Initializing network message forever.

This one worked flawlessly and I got it running attached to my wireless network in under 5 minutes!

Just wanted to note that the customer support from Chumby was excellent!  5-Star all the way.  Took just a couple of minutes on the web chat to figure out it was not fixable and then had a new one fed-ex'ed out right away and gave me a printable shipping label to get the damaged one back to them.

Can't ask for anything better than that!

Now to start playing!!

Todd Porter

Re: New Device

Good to hear the support is up to par.
My Chumby arrived at my house today, so I am waiting for the moment of truth to go home and crack it open.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

3 (edited by derspiess 2007-10-23 13:32:38)

Just out of curiosity, how long did you have to go without your Chumby.  I have a really minor issue that the Chumby folks want to take a look at, and that means I'll be without mine for a while sad

Chumby birthdate: 10/11/07

I think I went 2 days or so without it.  And I am in FL and it shipped from CA.

Todd

Good to know that if there is an issue, that the replacement comes from Cali, and not China like mine just shipped from.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Yep - my original shipped from China also - which is what caused the problem I think.  The box was really beat up.

There's no reason it should be in bad shape just because it shipped from China.  Apple sends most of their iPods directly from China and they're pretty serious about them being in good condition.

I get lots of packages from China.  Most problems I see appear to be in the "last mile" while in the States.

The next biggest problem is things getting hung up in customs.

My UPS guy told me (he knows me very well <g>)  that the box got banged up in certain spot and in fact had notes on it and was "re-boxed".  He even kept the original box to show to his bosses. 

Of course he asked if he could keep it - and I thought it would be good to let them work it out.

In any case, the Chumby guys got me a new one very quickly in perfect shape.  I hope the one I sent back to them gave them some insight into what the problem was and what might have caused it.

Duh-- I re-read the email I was sent today, and they are doing an advance RMA for me; I just need to send my current one back when the new one arrives.  One dead pixel isn't the end of the world, and they're generously offering to RMA it.  Excellent service smile

Chumby birthdate: 10/11/07