Topic: Developers?

Are there any programmers or developers still around writing for the chumby?

Re: Developers?

Guess not.  Too bad.

Here's what I need to make the Chumby8 something useful, and not another piece of flotsam picked up on Woot.

I need a program that will allow me to cut and paste a recipe into a window on a web page that will then appear on my Chumby8's screen.  Type size of 12 or 14 points is fine, and it should allow scrolling up and down to display all the text.

I can even host the app on one of my sites, and everyone is free to use it.  No charge.  There is currently an app like what I need, but it only displays 100 characters in large font.

I'm trying to get away from printing every recipe I want to try.  If I could jut locate the recipe, copy the text of ingredients and instructions, and paste it to Chumby's display, it would be perfect.

Possible?

Sorry, no developer here. But could you use the Chumbrowser to go to your "pasted" web page to view it? There's a widget to pop open the browser and go right to any URL. I'm sure a plain text widget would make your life easier, though. Good luck finding somebody to help.

If you paste your recipe into a blog post, something like wordpress.com or tumblr, then you can use the RSS Reader widget pointing to the RSS feed from that blog.

Thanks!  I'll give those ideas a try...