1 (edited by jdp 2012-02-04 20:18:01)

Topic: Just got the Insignia 32" Connected TV, no TV Guide or Music?

I know it's not Chumby who setup the CTV, but I'm really surprised that there isn't a TV Guide in their own apps, nor one available in the Chumby apps for it. It's a pretty natural use, as you can use the Chumby apps while viewing tv with PIP. It's also interesting that Insignia Infocast units can do the music services but not the TV, other than their custom non-Chumby Pandora and Napster apps.

Re: Just got the Insignia 32" Connected TV, no TV Guide or Music?

We were only contracted to supply the widgets, not the music section.  Similarly, I think the expectation was that TIVo would supply the program guide, since that's something they do on their other devices.

Re: Just got the Insignia 32" Connected TV, no TV Guide or Music?

jdp wrote:

I know it's not Chumby who setup the CTV, but I'm really surprised that there isn't a TV Guide in their own apps, nor one available in the Chumby apps for it. It's a pretty natural use, as you can use the Chumby apps while viewing tv with PIP. It's also interesting that Insignia Infocast units can do the music services but not the TV, other than their custom non-Chumby Pandora and Napster apps.

Other than the TV Guide issue, how do you like the TV? How well does the Chumby software work on the TV (smoothness, organization, overall usability)?

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.