Topic: Activating Chumby for Sony Tablet S

Just got a Sony Tablet S... was wondering if it's served content from Chumby or from the new Dash server infrastructure.  So far, I've not been able to activate the software, so I can't tell.

Re: Activating Chumby for Sony Tablet S

The S1 app serves from Chumby's servers, not Sony's.

It's not allowing you to activate?

Yeah, I've updated to 1.3.14, and when I start it I briefly see "Authorizing", then it stays on the white Chumby screen for about a minute before giving me a error message.

I mis-entered my Chumby account when I first started the app, but I got a quick error about that.  I fixed that, but it's not able to get past this.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling from App Market and also moving it to SD card and removing local data.

Hmmm -- does it still display the registration dialog?  If so, are you giving it a unique name (ie *not* the name of an existing chumby)?

No, it's not showing the registration dialog.  I've not been able to get that to reappear.  I named it "Sony Tablet S", so I think that's unique smile

OK, I'll see if I can figure out what's up.  Can you see the device in your chumby account?

Yes, it appears in my Chumby Dashboard.  Thanks!

Ok, please delete it from your Chumby account, and force stop the application on the tablet (from Settings->Applications), and restart the app.

Hmm, just tried that. I was able to reenter my credentials on the tablet after deleting the account, but it then behaved the same, staying on the white screen without going into any widgets.  I also tried a second time with the name "tablet" thinking that there could be something wrong associated with the old name, and no luck there.

OK, thanks - I'll take a closer look.

Can you tell me what version of the app is that you have installed?

It should be 1.3.14.

If it isn't, please do a manual update/install from Market.

Also - what's the version of the Android installed?