Topic: Forum Moderation?

This isn't exactly for the Chumby, but more for the forum. Already at an early age, we're in need of a moderation staff to better organize things around here (move threads, FAQs, etc). Especially as more and more information gets leaked to us "outsiders" (ie those who don't have chumbies) through the threads. I've updated the Wikipedia article about the chumby once with all I've been able to scrape together, and I just found your wiki so I can do the same there, but for the forums at least, they need someone to filter through everything.

Re: Forum Moderation?

One correction to the Wikipedia article - we *do* support JPEG, but like Flash 7 and earlier players, we don't support *progressive* JPEG, which is a variant that is sometimes used where a crude image is presented quickly and filled in with more detail as the image is streamed in.

I note that the article is being considered for deletion, mainly because it seems people think that the chumby is not real.  Well, they're probably right - it's not "real" in the sense one can go out and buy one.  As to whether chumby is notable enough to deserve and article, who can say?

I'll talk with management about the issue of forum moderation - thanks for bringing it up.

Wouldn't mind moderating myself, its a shame that someone found the chumby wiki and didn't think it was real, even with the links. Maybe I'll make some pictures of the chumby doing stuff for the wiki. (ie displaying wiki)

~Ryan~

id be happy to moderate. i have like the second mosts posts on the forum tongue

need upload space for the forums or a chumby blog? right here then
http://www.nophus.com/useru
username is chumby
password is chumby

I have information management qualifications in the "real world". I'd be happy to moderate as well.

Count me in for this. And BTW if there is anything you guys need (hardware-wise) just let me know. I may be of help