Topic: Nightmode recent bug?

I have a Infocast 3.5".  Everything used to work great, now the alarms seems to be doing something odd recently.....

I have 2 alarms, 1 for me @ 6am, 1 later for my wife at 8am.  Mine says after shutdown to go to "night mode".  It did that fine.  Now what it is doing after I shut it off it going to night mode, however the brightness is never dimming back down.  The screen is set to night more, but the brightness is set to day mode.  I have to press the top button, and click on "night mode" myself for the screen to dim correctly.

Any way to fix it back to the way it was?  Day mode brightness (even in night mode) is very bright.

Thanks.

---Eric

Re: Nightmode recent bug?

I'll check to see what's going on.

Just checking if there is fix that can be done?  Thanks.

subscribing to this thread - I have the same problem with my One and it is driving me crazy in the mornings.

I too have been seeing this for a while now.
When the alarm is dismissed it does back to "nightmode" but the screen is brighter and the room has a big glow to it.
So ditto for me.
I have been too busy to make a good post about this, but wanted to jump on the band wagon.

Yeah, it's *very* high on my list - we're caught up in a few other things at the moment, but it's something that will be fixed soon.  I'll post here when it's available.

subscribing to this thread too... same problem here.

I have an original Chumby, and this bug has been driving me absolutely crazy (like x86cpu, my wife's alarm is an hour and a half before mine, long before the sun comes up).  It's been months of this now.  Duane, please - pretty please - have this fixed soon.

Hope to have this out within the week.

Any solution to this problem yet? When it sporadically leaves night mode,my entire room illuminates. When I try to fix it, my chummy freezes on reboot. I sure hope this issue can be corrected, I have gone through 2 Chumby's and 4 replacement power cables.

Ok, I've released Control Panel Beta 2.8.83 for Chumby Classic, Chumby One, and Insignia 3.5 with this fix.

Please let me know if this fixes the problem and I'll release to production.

Well, at least, the control panel has now been recognized on my Chumby One. Tonight will tell whether Nightmode functions correctly. I guess it's one step at a time.

I changed my Chumby to beta and this weekend the night mode was activated after the alarm was turned off, just like it used it be.  So it appears fixed, thanks!

Has this been pushed out to the general public? The reason I ask is I noticed that for the past couple of mornings, my C1 is working like it should when the alarm goes off in regards to going back to nightmode.

Yes, this was pushed out quite a while ago.

Well I just noticed it. I work a flex week, so I am off some larger chucks of time somte times, so I may miss somethign my a week or two. HOw long ago, pleas don't say more then three week...LOL
Thanks for keeping all our Chumbys up todate and running well!

Yeah....that was about a month ago... smile