Topic: Activation of a used Chumby One Issue

I sold my Chumby One on eBay and the new owner is not able to activate it.  He is telling me that the Chumby is telling him that I need to deactivate the Chumby before he can activate it.  I deactivated the device before I shipped it to him.  I have confirmed this because it is no longer listed under my account.

"It says you need to login in and delete the Chumby from your account to let me activate it as mine"

EDIT by Duane 1/3/2016:

To deactivate a chumby, press the big orange "DEACTIVATE A CHUMBY" button on the main page of the website, and follow the directions.  If you have any problems, please contact us at support@chumby.com

Re: Activation of a used Chumby One Issue

The chumby does not produce this message.

Duane wrote:

The chumby does not produce this message.

What does he need to do in order to activate the Chumby One please?

Contact Customer Support.

I have the same problem... how can i activate my chumby? I bought it on ebay and there is no screen to activate it sad

thanks,
aLe.-

Contact Customer Support.

Hi Duane,

You make it sound so easy but unfortunately the email webform emails Neil.  His account no longer exists.  Mail bounces back.

"Unable to deliver message.
Error message: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try..."

Can you advise how to email customer service ?  thanks.

Hmmm, I'll take care of that first thing next week.

Tru5t,
   Would you mind providing the link for where you found this form so I can get this taken care of?  In the mean time, you can use this page to contact us and we will deactivate the device.

http://www.chumby.com/pages/help_support

-chumbyross

I am having the same problems, can,t register a used chumby8 and can,t send a message to the help site.
My unit is:
48af2cee-1edd-c2d7-f4c7-6053151d18b9
I know it is not wise to post my number but there is no other way to have a working unit as this is my 4th unit i feel i should have some assistance.

Unfortunately, I can't get access to the admin console at the moment, but I'll get to it as soon as I can.

We have no record of a device with that ID registered in the database.  Perhaps someone got to it before me.

Every time i try to activate i receive a message "chumby id has already been taken" what should do?
Thank you

That sounds like a different problem - you would not be getting the activation dialog at all if the device were registered.

Are you giving the device a unique name?

I have tried 10 diferent names most of them have some personal part so i believe they are unique.
Also when i boot withmy thumb on thescreen i do notget the bottom option to regester the unit

Hmm, OK, we'll have to figure this out during the week.

Thank you, your interest means a lot to me.
You represent a fine company.

If you *don't* attempt to register, and go to the Settings (gear icon) and then "Device Info" does it show a "username"?

Both the username and device name are blank
software= 1.8.2
firmware= 1.8.3883

OK, so this device is not actually registered.  Please contact Customer Support during the week.

Thank you, how do I contact them?
The email keeps being kicked back.

Try again - I think we fixed the email alias.  You can also try the live chat.

Email still not working,
can not find a link to live chat on their site.

Hmm, OK, send an email directly to support@chumby.com.  It looks like there's an issue with the web-based support form.

I sent a email as you sugested with my units id, hopefully they will solve my problem.
thank you for your effort.