Topic: I'm sorry, Pandora is currently unavailable.

This is the error message I get when trying to start Pandora on my Chumby 8.

"I'm sorry, Pandora is currently unavailable."

Any idea on when this will be fixed?  I made no changes to my Pandora account or login.  Just noticed this the other day.

Re: I'm sorry, Pandora is currently unavailable.

Having the same issue. Just noticed it for the first time thismorning. I usually use my alarm to wake me up for work (with Pandora), and it's a good thing my internal clock is pretty spot-on, or I would have been late today.

After I got home today, went to log in to Pandora to make sure it wasn't an issue, and on my Chumby I'm getting the Currently Unavailable error. Can anyone help?

Yeah, it looks like something's going on with Pandora.

We're looking into it.

For reference.  The problem is now confirmed to exist on C1s (both stock and beta firmware) and C8s.  In contrast, Pandora is working fine on the original Sony Dash HID-C10 since it uses a different interface.

5 (edited by Raskull 2011-10-02 18:36:32)

As of about 5 minutes ago, Pandora is working on 2 C1s (software release 1.0.7, control panel release 2.8.73) in my house.  I am upgrading one of them to SW 1.0.8b/CP 2.8.77 to see if it works on beta as well.

Working on 1.0.8b.  Duane, did you figure it out or did we just get lucky?

Yes, one of the servers went offline for some reason.  We're now investigating why it went down, but the service should remain stable.

Thanks a lot Duane.  I didn't realize that the Chumbians react so fast to problems posted in the forums.  Next time I notice something like this I won't wait for somebody else to post.  I'll debug and put full info in a new thread.

8 (edited by Mike_TV 2011-10-03 03:39:41)

Thank you Duane, it's now working on the Chumby 8.  As always, you're the best in figuring out what's going on and fixing it fast!  Thanks!

Got to wake up to my Pandora thismorning, thankfully! Means I setup a backup alarm for no reason, but I'm glad it was fixed so quickly. Thanks!

OK it was fixed for a while and now it is broken again, for the last week it says "Please wait, Pandora is loading...": for hours, even though when I go to another music source I do seem to get internet streaming...

Any suggestions or time when the Pandora, Chumby one will be back up and running???

p.s. are the other Chumby boxes similar, e.g. the same interface and as "reliable" or should I consider upgrading to a newer box??? If so, what I want is a more reliable Pandora, better  and more consistent UI, and reliable reading to the hard button to change states.... etc.

mllive,
   Are you still seeing this problem?  I have it working on my classic, one and chumby 8.

-chumbyross

I'm experiencing this problem now... was there a fix to it?

doctorntropy wrote:

I'm experiencing this problem now... was there a fix to it?

pandora is working for me on my c8,

please provide more details.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

Getting Pandora just fine on a C1.

I'm on an 8. What information do you need?

I don't see any errors in the logs from your device.  It correctly downloaded the Pandora player from the site and got a valid Pandora authentication token from the Chumby content server.  There are no errors there.  That pretty much leaves some sort of issue between your device and Pandora's servers.

17 (edited by doctorntropy 2014-08-26 15:23:36)

Is there some way for me to correct this?
I did check if I could access pandora from another device on the same network and did not experience any issues.

SUPER excited chumby is back btw. I'm a teacher and I have one sitting on my desk and was just using it as a clock and when students would ask me what it is and what it did I would tell them and then say it was once much more awesome... Now it is awesome again!

I don't know - as far as I can tell it's not something happening on the server, and other clients are connecting fine.

I know it sounds silly, but have you tried rebooting?

And, just to confirm, the symptom is being stuck on the "Pandora is currently unavailable" screen?

Or is it the "Please wait, Pandora is loading.." screen?

We have two threads going on here - this thread was about Pandora not working at all (either "unavailable" or "loading" forever), resurrected from 2011(!), and the other thread is about Pandora stopping after some period of time.

Can we keep these issues in their respective threads?

pandora stopping split off into it's own thread.

Cleaning up any loose bits and bytes.

21 (edited by doctorntropy 2014-08-28 11:35:17)

I didn't think they were the same issue so I didn't post there.

Here is exactly what happens.
I click on pandora
It says... please wait while pandora is loading.
Then after a few seconds it say... "I'm sorry, Pandora is not available at this time."

That's all. I wouldn't think that this would be the exact same problem as the other people as their pandora loads but then crashes repeatedly. Mine won't even load.

I've rebooted the machine several times with no success.

When I am back in work on Tuesday I will attempt to reset the entire system to factory settings to see if that fixes it and if not I will repost.

One thing to try - do a USB firmware update to the device.

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=8654

Even if you're updating to the same version, it will reset a lot of things.

my current version is 1.8.3883
I tried restarting it... and resetting factory settings.

I also tried reinstalling the update (which didn't work btw as when i tried to install updates the option to install from a USB was greyed out).

I even tried deactivating and reactivating it.... no go there either.

I was able to figure out what was wrong with the install and re-installed the update... still no luck though..

Do iheartradio and SHOUTcast work for you?