Topic: Content of many apps not updating this week?

I have a Chumby 3.5 and an Infocast 8" running the Chumby 8 software.  I tend to leave the device on continuously.  This week, all the weather radar images and about half the RSS feeds (including Google news) were displaying Thursday items clear until Sunday!  Once I rebooted each device, it started picking up new stories again.  FB and Twitter were OK all along, but my RSS feeds and JPGs selected by URL had been cached someplace for four days!

Is it necessary to reboot the device daily to get it to update things or was there some sort of failure at chumby.com this past weekend that caused things to cache on your servers too long?

Re: Content of many apps not updating this week?

The feeds aren't generally cached on our servers - most of these apps go directly to the upstream feed.

Re: Content of many apps not updating this week?

cdrmrsr wrote:

I have a Chumby 3.5 and an Infocast 8" running the Chumby 8 software.  I tend to leave the device on continuously.  This week, all the weather radar images and about half the RSS feeds (including Google news) were displaying Thursday items clear until Sunday!  Once I rebooted each device, it started picking up new stories again.  FB and Twitter were OK all along, but my RSS feeds and JPGs selected by URL had been cached someplace for four days!

Is it necessary to reboot the device daily to get it to update things or was there some sort of failure at chumby.com this past weekend that caused things to cache on your servers too long?

I am experiencing the same thing with all of the apps.  What gives?