Topic: Chumby 8 volume control

It takes too many clicks to change the volume on the Chumby 8.

example: 
1. Press the bar 
2. Click the speaker icon
3. Change the volume with a slider.

I would prefer to skip step 2 and have a slider always accessible.

Thanks for reading!

Re: Chumby 8 volume control

Similarly, it is too many clicks to put into night mode.

The Chumby 8 interface is way too cumbersome--I think I might revert to my original Chumby until it is improved.

How do you put the C8 into Night mode?  The only way I found besides scheduling a recurring event is to schedule an event a few minutes in the future.

Raddle,
  In order to put the chumby 8 into night mode, you will first need to go to the control panel, and then to the "home" screen (the screen that lets you choose "my channels", "chumby apps", "music"..etc). From there, you should see a crescent moon shaped icon in the upper left hand corner near the time. Press that icon to put the chumby 8 into night mode.

-chumbyross

ChumbyRoss wrote:

In order to put the chumby 8 into night mode, you will first need to go to the control panel, and then to the "home" screen (the screen that lets you choose "my channels", "chumby apps", "music"..etc). From there, you should see a crescent moon shaped icon in the upper left hand corner near the time. Press that icon to put the chumby 8 into night mode.

-chumbyross

ChumbyRoss, methinks that's too may clicks! The crescent moon should be on the screen as soon as you press the button on the top.

I wonder if they could put sleep in the background app dropdown that appears if you tap and are running pandora or a music source in the background .. Id like to see dual volume controls.. One for the audio apps, and another for the applets that are downloaded... youll be listening to a music source and have an applet that you cant quite hear... (system volume vs app volume or something similar, perhaps even with an option for percent of mix volume)..  Some tone controls for bass and treble would be a plus, but at least help us with this app volume thing..

It truly is too many clicks sad They should have the crescent moon icon always there when you press the button on the top of the chumby 8.

Yet another feature that should be in the next control panel.