Topic: imageURL

Today I added ImageURL using web browser, but it does not show up in Insignia (8"). It used to work for me earlier. Has anything changed ?

Thanks

Re: imageURL

Adding ImageURL to the Infocast 8" just worked for me.  Make sure you are not mixing up these two similarly named apps.

ImageURL is available on all platforms.

URLImage is available only on platforms with 320x240 screens.

Refresh your channel (or reboot your device even) if you want to see the app immediately after adding it via the website.

Thanks. ImageURL works and URLImage doesn't. Thanks for help. I had installed URLImage by mistake.

I did notice that when I went the development C8 firmware / C8 CP my ImageURL quit working.  When I updated the I8 to the C8 production firmware then ImageURL started to work again.  I am referring to an internal security cam view versus an internet cam view.  The internet cam views always worked.

pete_c, could you clarify the firmware (FW), hardware (model #) and Control Panel (CP) versions you were using exactly?

From c8 CP:  Home > config icon > Device Info
From i8 CP:  smack the INSIGNIA logo in the top left corner

6 (edited by pete_c 2011-05-19 08:18:02)

I posted pics of my screens here:

http://forum.chumby.com/viewtopic.php?id=6483&p=5

I "migrated" from the I8 initially using just the C8 CP.  I then updated the I8 to the C8 developement firmware (where I had the issues).  I then updated the I8 to the production C8 firmware and the issues went away.  I kept using the same C8 CP.

The only issues that I had related to using internal security cams.

Cold boot still shows the Insignia logo though.  It would be nice to see the Chumby logo though with a cold boot.

pete_c wrote:

Cold boot still shows the Insignia logo though.  It would be nice to see the Chumby logo though with a cold boot.

You would need to update the splash screen used by uboot.  It's not included with the C8 patch update, so you're still seeing the original (Insignia) splash screen.  There are instructions on how to update the splash screen in the wiki:

http://wiki.chumby.com/index.php/Chumby … sh_screens

best regards.

Thanks oarsman!

9 (edited by pete_c 2011-05-20 03:06:43)

So trying the Wiki thing.  I think its written for the Chumby1

ICS-Chumby-2:/mnt/storage # config_util --cmd=getblock --block=img1 > img1.bin.bak
config_util v0.23
did not find block img1 after reading 64 blocks

ICS-Chumby-2:/mnt/storage # config_util
config_util v0.23
Config block read for 2048 bytes
Version:    1,0,0,1
Active:     1
Updating:   1
LastUpdate: 1.0.3015
DevOffset:  0x0800
Configname: silvermoon_a0
Block[0]: u-bt @0x00010000 len=1507328 ver=1,0,0,0
Block[1]: krnA @0x00180000 len=3932160 ver=1,0,0,0
Block[2]: krnB @0x00540000 len=3932160 ver=1,0,0,0
BlockCount: 3
FactoryData:
FactoryDataCount: 0
ICS-Chumby-2:/mnt/storage # config_util --cmd=getblock --block=u-bt > u-bt.bin.bak
config_util v0.23
ICS-Chumby-2:/mnt/storage # config_util --cmd=getblock --block=krnA > krnA.bin.bak
config_util v0.23
ICS-Chumby-2:/mnt/storage # config_util --cmd=getblock --block=krnB > krnB.bin.bak
config_util v0.23