Topic: Shake the Chumby to advance the widget?

I love my Chumby, but one of the things that bugs me about the UI is that I have to go to the Control Panel to advance the currently-displayed widget to the next one, if I don't want to wait for the timer to run out.  Three actions -- hit the bar to activate the Control Panel, touch to advance to the next widget, and touch again to exit the Control Panel -- seems a bit excessive just to go from one widget to the next.

Since the accelerometer doesn't seem to be used for most widgets, I wonder if it might be possible to modify the firmware so that shaking the Chumby advances the widgets (unless of course, the accelerometer is needed by the current widget)?

2 (edited by Outrager 2011-04-02 20:54:44)

Re: Shake the Chumby to advance the widget?

Hold the top button down and tilt the Chumby left or right to change widgets. When you see the arrow you can let go and it will change.

Outrager wrote:

Hold the top button down and tilt the Chumby left or right to change widgets. When you see the arrow you can let go and it will change.

Thank you Outrager... I'd prefer not to have to hold the top button, but your method saves me from having to then navigate the control panel.  Saves me time and effort, I appreciate it!

I hadn't seen this described elsewhere... did you discover it playing your Chumby, or read about it somewhere?

I found it reading through the forums when I first got it.