Topic: Chumby's Killer Application

Chumby's Killer Application is... Live TV streaming, don't you agree?

FlashLite can handle many streams.

Re: Chumby's Killer Application

Well, no.
Maybe, just maybe, on the Infocast or the Dash, with the bigger screen, but not on the small screen devices.
Also, there's quite a lot of other devices that already do this, probably better than the Chumby ever could. If I want to watch streaming TV on a small screen, I've got a laptop.
But I've really rather gotten used to watching TV on a TV, so I'd rather have something like a Boxee box that plugged into the TV.
I think the killer app needs to take advantage of the fact that the Chumby is 'always on'. That's how it's different from a computer, a TV or a smartphone (OK, your phone might be always on, but the display has probably gone to sleep).

Re: Chumby's Killer Application

steelpaw wrote:

Well, no.
Maybe, just maybe, on the Infocast or the Dash, with the bigger screen, but not on the small screen devices.
Also, there's quite a lot of other devices that already do this, probably better than the Chumby ever could. If I want to watch streaming TV on a small screen, I've got a laptop.
But I've really rather gotten used to watching TV on a TV, so I'd rather have something like a Boxee box that plugged into the TV.
I think the killer app needs to take advantage of the fact that the Chumby is 'always on'. That's how it's different from a computer, a TV or a smartphone (OK, your phone might be always on, but the display has probably gone to sleep).

I was actually referring to the Sony Dash... I'd look real awesome. For me, it's like a Piece of Art.