Topic: Improvements needed on the 'night' screen

I got an Insignia Infocast 3.5" device for Christmas. So far, I like it but there are some, in my mind, serious deficiencies.

1. When an alarm sounds, and I press the snooze button, if the device was in 'night' mode, it should return to night mode for the snooze duration. This is an egregious design flaw.

2. When I have music streaming and I put the device in night mode and set a timer on the music, I'd like to see two buttons on the night mode screen: one to stop the music, one to extend the music for another 5 minutes.

3. There should be an easy way to select 'tune to the last tuned stream' when I select Music. Why do I have to select a provider and a channel every single time I turn on music mode? My physical radio doesn't make me do this; the Chumby shouldn't make me do it either.

Now, I'll admit I'm a new user to the Chumby and these items may be addressed somewhere. If so, I'd appreciate the community educating me on what I'm missing.

Re: Improvements needed on the 'night' screen

Yes, I agree on all accounts. Actually, being able to bookmark radio stations would be perfecto. Also, putting them into some kind of home screen would also be ideal.

On item 1) above, I've found that when I tap Snooze once, the device returns to night mode.  However, if Snooze is tapped twice before the screen redraws, the device goes to normal mode.

This, from a user's perspective, is a bug.

Secondly, the visual feedback that Snooze has been pressed is so subtle that I can never tell, in my bleary-eyed half-asleep state, whether my first touch has registered.

So I think there needs to be more visual (and perhaps audible) feedback that Snooze has been touched, and the bug needs to be fixed so that if Snooze is pressed more than once the device goes back to night mode.

Really the big snooze-like button at the top should snooze.

bouncing wrote:

Actually, being able to bookmark radio stations would be perfecto.

On a Chumby, you can add stream urls to 'My Streams'.
I haven't got an Infocast, so don't know if it is the same. There is an Infocast section of these forums where you might be able to get Infocast - specific information.