Topic: Cutting the Cord

Me I like to run around, a lot. Now at first I did not realize the Chumby had a power cord. Is there a car adaptor or a way of making it portable, so we can walk into say a Starbuck and both enjoy the coffee?

Re: Cutting the Cord

I'd advise you to search the forum, there have been about a dozen posts on this topic.

awalton wrote:

I'd advise you to search the forum, there have been about a dozen posts on this topic.

Yes but none of them excited me!

You can buy a cheap power inverter for your car.  Assuming you have a portable WIFI connection, like maybe a cell card in a laptop attached to a wireless router.
Most Starbucks have power outlets, and there is no power brick, so it's not an obtrusive power cord.

"We will find a way, or we will make one."

RhythmGuru wrote:

You can buy a cheap power inverter for your car.  Assuming you have a portable WIFI connection, like maybe a cell card in a laptop attached to a wireless router.
Most Starbucks have power outlets, and there is no power brick, so it's not an obtrusive power cord.

Cool I'd like it for the car most of all, I have the Ninetendo DS Lite with the web browser (the first was in Japanese and hard to use but I got one in the UK). and you'd be surprised how much free time I get from unlocked networks. T