Topic: Get rid of the "Alarm/Snooze Screen"

Hi,

After my "alarm - problem" for not using the "Alarm/Snooze Screen" I was forced to use this screen. I would like to start a small discussion on this "snooze/Alarm Screen"

I do not like this snooze screen. I'd like to lie in my bed listening to the music/radio and watching the webcam, news, emails, weather forecast, Stocks, etc. . I'm not interesting at all in this boring "Alarm/Snooze screen". With this screen my Chumby behaves like an ordinary alarm clock.

In my opinion all the tasks of this screen can be performed in a different way. From my understanding this screen has 3 Tasks:
1.) Switch to "snooze" (manually)
2.) Switch off the radio/alarm sound  (manually)
3.) Cancel the alarm  (automatically)

Task 1a): Klick on the "top button" switches snooze on.
Task 1b): Switch to the "control screen" after pressing the "top button" longer than 2(?) sec.
Hint: This would also allow other widgets to use this button (Klick).

Task 2) Just like it is now - switch off sound after a pre defined period of time

Task 3) Cancel alarm after the pre defined period of time (see task 2)

Just my 2 Euro-cents wink

Regards,
Werner

Re: Get rid of the "Alarm/Snooze Screen"

I'll cast a vote in favor. Pressing the top button for snooze is, after all, consistent with, oh, just every bedside alarm clock ever made, ever. Making the Chumby behave like the device it's replacing is a reasonably sound idea.

OMG, I couldn't agree more! My  big bugaboo is that I do not feel like opening my eyes when I hit the snooze button. Geeze that's rude. I would like to be able to whack the top button for ten more minutes of sleep. Once I have opened my eyes, I lose the option.

Um, that's the way it works - if you hit the top button, it snoozes.