Topic: insignia alarm suckage.

so how do i get my new infocast to change channels when an alarm is triggered ? i want it to go to night mode at night.
on the chumby i do it with a silent alarm. no such functionality on the infocast i can see.

Re: insignia alarm suckage.

This has been discussed several times on the infocast blog. They are aware this is the #1 request and it should show up in an update...some time.

Tar, feathers, congress. Some assembly required.

zurk wrote:

so how do i get my new infocast to change channels when an alarm is triggered ? i want it to go to night mode at night.
on the chumby i do it with a silent alarm. no such functionality on the infocast i can see.

You should already be able to change channels right now. The night mode is a different story and as BoloMKXXVIII said, the latter should be addressed along with the addition of perhaps music too (i.e. Pandora or a Internet Radio station).

BoloMKXXVIII wrote:

This has been discussed several times on the infocast blog. They are aware this is the #1 request and it should show up in an update...some time.

I agree this is the #1 request and much needed feature - The request has been around for some time now - Anyone have a clue when this might be implemented?

Thanks, Chris

Matter of fact, seems like this would be a simple matter! Chumby already has the code! Bet they'd sell more InfoCasts with that feature available - Let's hear from the community, do you want this feature?

I think they didnt want to put it in due to the complexity of the alarm subsystem (and there are some vexing bugs that are still being ironed out as some users will attest to)  since originally the primary purpose of the infocast was more toward the music player/smart photoframe dept... As more and more kinks have been worked out of the alarm system I think youll see them inclined to put it in as an update.. Since there is a high demand for it on their forums..

7 (edited by cmhorka 2010-11-19 13:12:05)

So is there a moderator or Insignia rep, or a programmer from the Chumby team who can tell us when these alarm features will be implemented - Specifically, the alarm feature to trigger events with no user interaction needed at the time of the alarm - i.e night mode, switch channels at a given time, etc ... Thanks, Chris

EDIT 11/19: I osted over there at your suggestion, no response :-(

Nobody from Chumby can answer that question.  There are some folks from Insignia lurking, or you can post on their forums.

I am thinking about buying either the 8in or 3.5in Infocast.  Do both have the same problems with not being able to use Pandora or other services to wake up to?

The 3.5" Infocast has the same alarm features as the Chumby One.

The 8" Infocast has very simple alarm tones.

Still no updates on the 8" unit?

Not from us - if you want a feature, you have to ask Insiginia.

You mean on their forums? 

Like here? http://community.insigniaproducts.com/t … 19742#M142

Yup, that's the one!

only workaround for self dimming is finding an alarm clock widget that you can schedule to dim.  "large digital clock" worked for me.