Topic: Alarm and full chumby experience with app?

I haven't seen this addressed and I haven't purchased the Chumby app yet, but I'm curious if the app includes the full alarm functionality of the Chumby appliance.  It doesn't appear to from the descriptions.

Personally, I would buy the app IF it included full alarm app functionality.  I would never purchase it just for some widgets though.

Thanks,
-Kevin

Re: Alarm and full chumby experience with app?

At the moment, the app only includes the widget/app functionality of the chumby.

Since release of the app, we've had numerous requests to provide chumby-like alarm functionality.

We did not add the alarms because we believed that other Android applications would already exist that did this, however, it seems that the built-in alarm functionality of Android is very simplistic and users want more, and that other alarm apps are a bit on the clunky side.

I had a chumby, but I sold it because I'm trying to cut down my gizmo clutter. I used the chumby alarm (with the streaming radio station) and I haven't been totally satisfied with anything else I've tried. The alarm apps I've tried on my Android phone (Nexus S) are, as you said, clunky. I'd really love it if I could get the same alarm capability on my phone as what I had on my chumby.

I bought the app for that reason, but was disappointed to learn it was not there. Alarms streaming Pandora, PPLEASE.....