Topic: iheartradio on the Infocast 3.5 but not the 8

When will iheartradio come to the Infocast 8? It's already on the Infocast 3.5 so I don't see why it can't.

Re: iheartradio on the Infocast 3.5 but not the 8

I returned my 8" due to the fact that it has much much fewer radio/audio options than the 3.5".
Your question really needs to be posted on the Best Buy / Insignia forums, as the Chumby folks here just implement the software as requested by them.

I just bought the 8" Infocast today, and I am also disappointed to learn iheart radio is missing.  Can anyone tell me my options?  Is it true that the 3.5" version DOES have iheart radio?

I can't seem to find the actual Chumby device anywhere near where I live, and I'd rather not ship one to my home.

I am new to this stuff, so I don't know how to hack the thing -  unless there is a "turn-key" hack somewhere that I can load from USB memory.

Thanks.

4 (edited by happyshow 2010-12-22 17:27:12)

The people over at the Insignia forum posted an official reply regarding iHeartRadio saying that the Chumby guys are working on it and an update may be released in Spring 2011. Thanks to the Chumby people, we will be getting an awesome feature. Now if only the multiple alarm situation can also be worked on as well.

I have a favorite station that is on iheartradio.  That app is available on the BB3.5 for listening to music, but not for setting an alarm.  Anyone know if the above mentioned iheart upgrade will include putting iheart on the alarm options?

Is this going to happen? I just purchased an insignia not knowing it didn't have the Iheartradio app. Main reason I got it was to listen to a station that I can only get thru the iheartradio app. What a waste of money.

Spring 2011 has come and gone but still no iheartradio for the infocast 8"
Is it just vaporware or is it still coming?

iHeartRadio is in the process of changing their service - in the meantime, they've instituted a freeze on new third-party implementations.

In other words, we're allowed to continue to ship the current C1 and Classic implementations, but cannot release a new one until they've released their new API.

Any ETA on when they might release the API and then how long it would take for Chumby/Infocast to release a version for the 8" device? Or would that be pure speculation?

We don't know yet - it's in their hands.

To get iHeartRadio on the Infocast, reflash the firmware with the Chumby 8's.

Plank wrote:

To get iHeartRadio on the Infocast, reflash the firmware with the Chumby 8's.

Thanks.
What are the advantages/disadvantages of flashing to Chumby 8?
i.e., what functionality do I lose vs. gain?

Second, can I assume that such flashing is reversible?

Trust me, it does everything thing the Infocast does and more  (iheartradio, better alarms, AS3 widgets, MUCH improved control panel).  I am sure it is reversible but you will not want to.

Can C8 play videos from a networked drive? I miss that when I switched from I8.
Thanks!