Topic: Can't login to my chumby account with android app

I just got the android chumby app yesterday from the android market. I can log into the chumby website with my username and password but when the chumby asks for it, it just asks again, and again and I don't get any further.   I running an unmodified Verizon HTC Droid Incredible running Android 2.2.   My username is cneb96, and I'm trying to use the device name of bob.

Re: Can't login to my chumby account with android app

According to your account, you already have a Chumby Classic device named "bob".

Try giving your Android device a different name.

Interesting.  The UI makes one think the login is asking for the name of my chumby.   Instead, the login is actually asking me to name my android device.  I think the wording should be changed to make this clear.

You don't have to have a chumby to use the Android app.  It's treated as a unique device, independently configurable.

jscascio wrote:

Interesting.  The UI makes one think the login is asking for the name of my chumby.   Instead, the login is actually asking me to name my android device.  I think the wording should be changed to make this clear.

I just spent too long doing exactly the same thing. It really does look like it's asking for the name of your current Chumby associated with your existing account. Thanks for asking this.