1 (edited by Plank 2010-11-09 04:44:45)

Topic: Custom alarm doesn't always fire

I received an email to try out the beta control panel to see if it fixes various alarm bugs.  I am sad to report that my alarm didn't fire this morning.  My alarm settings file is posted in one of the other forum alarm topics. Let me know how I can help.  Otherwise, I will continue to reboot before I go to bed.  That seems to work.

Re: Custom alarm doesn't always fire

OK, we'll see if we can track this down.

Did it show the correct "next" alarm in Night Mode and/or the custom alarm screen?

I only have one alarm. If I understand your question, it always says Weekdays at 6:15 am.  Night mode screen always stays the same.  Even if it doesn't trigger.

OK, just for fun, could you make a second alarm that really doesn't do anything (ie, no sound,  no dismiss screen, just "night mode off") and see if the display in Night Mode changes when the normal alarm fires?

This morning the alarm worked fine and the 2nd alert displayed on the night and alarm screen.

Very interesting - I'll double check the behavior with only one alarm.  I think when we did the testing on this, we were working with more than one alarm...

My alarm didn't fire again this morning.  Am I the only one with this problem?  Is anything being done?

Yes, we're actively working on this.

OK, I've reproduced this issue - working on a fix.

smile

OK, I've fixed this one.  Now working on some of the other issues folks have been reporting...

Do I need to switch to the beta control panel in order to receive the fix?
I am running an old Chumby Classic.

Not yet.

My alarm has fired every day since the latest beta. I think you fixed my problem.  I no longer live in fear of not waking up.